Art Dump! [nudity]

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Thanks guys! :D

The knitting monster, ugh. I painted his head, then decided no thanks, and photo-bashed his body and hands. Still took a little while to massage them in and make them not look bashed, but it was a lot faster. :D

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    @garethf At first I thought the hair on the knitting monster was *too* perfect, but then I realised it was a GRANDMA monster... duh.

Even though @Elyaradine refers to "her" as "him"? ("his head"). I am curious now... :) (Edit: unless those are chop-sticks or some kinda implements of death - no the expression is fearful... frail - Okay, I am confused - *me curls up in a ball, what does it all mean?*)

Haha! I kind of imagined him as being this guy who actually likes wearing a wig, knitting and stuff, but how he's embarrassed about it, so he does it in private. But in the painting, he looks so surprised/guilty because of how the viewer's walked in on his private moment.

All of these are incredible! I'm envious of those blessed with artistic talent :)

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    @wogan: It's hours burnt well into the night, much more than it is some magical talent pill. :P

I only painted the water on this one.

--
    Also, I'm entering the Riot contest on polycount. :D

I'm taking that Irelia illustration I did last year, reworking it a bit, and turning that into a 3D model. I'm skipping the sculpting, going to hand-paint the textures straight up instead, and also planning to rig, animate, add fx, and have a playable Unity web player demo to go along with it. Because I'm stupid and ambitious. But also because I can actually do it, and I'm going to damn well show the world I can.

Great work man. Its amazing to see your art

elyaradine said:
    @wogan: It's hours burnt well into the night, much more than it is some magical talent pill. :P
    I haven't always realized this but now(since I've seen the hard work it takes) it's seems even more magical. :D Good work man, I love the house. Where does the bucket go to though? Does it fetch water from some stream far below?

Thanks guys. :)

@Rigormortis: It actually feeds the art monster who's living in the basement. (He's kept all the way down there to avoid ambient light from giving his monitor screen glare, or ruining his colour calibration.)

Also, that's the last of my painting assignments with Sam Nielson. So it's actually one of his sketches that I just coloured (although I made tiny changes where I felt it'd be cool).

Looks really good. Some of that is Game of Thrones right ? We need MOOAAR!!!

We should launch a SA games art gallery and feature your work with the other great ones on these forums

@Kobusvdwalt9: Thanks! Yeah, two or three were studies of screenshots from the series. :)

@Boysano: Well, technically nothing on this last page is game art yet. :P (The Irelia model will, at long last, be another game model.) These are all just practising, because I'm already very comfortable with the technical side of getting things working with a realtime renderer, so I've been focusing a lot more in the past few months on being a stronger artist. The painting especially helps a lot when it comes to hand-painted textures, which is something I'm excited to get to do in the Riot contest.

Done with models, done with UVs. :)

Also been dabbling in Unity and getting something going... :)
    http://techartjon.com/projects/riotcomp/__Build.html (~225KB)

I also realised I haven't budgeted for sound. Going to have to ask someone for help with that in a couple of weeks!

edited
    Also been dabbling in Unity and getting something going... :)
    http://techartjon.com/projects/riotcomp/__Build.html (~225KB)
    There's something deeply disquieting about that demo :P

I love UV unwrapping so much.

Soooo much :)

@wogan: :(

@dislekcia: Are you serious? :P

@dislekcia: Are you serious? :P
    Yes. I honestly enjoyed unwrapping the most when I was doing 3D modeling stuff back in the day. The feeling of having a model sort of "come apart" and then laying it out on the texture sheet, figuring out the best way to cut it all up and figure out where you want extra texels, that speaks to me somehow. Especially when it's all folded back together and now suddenly you've got a working texture map... Magic :)

@wogan: :(
    In a good way! O_o

@dislekcia: Wow, okay. :D I don't really enjoy unwrapping, but I've been lazy enough times -- and therefore gotten screwed over by it enough times -- that I take my time and do a good job of it now. It helps that unwrapping tools have improved a crapload over the years, especially with the introduction of the LSCM-based algorithms. :3

--
    A colleague at work pointed out that my texel density wasn't great, and I agreed. I run a normalization script on my UV islands that's supposed to take care of that, but it seems that it was failing in this case. Rescaled and repacked, and started experimenting with the new Photoshop CC2014 3D painting tools for blocking in colour (though nothing worth showing yet).

Also started a basic rig. I'd like to animate everything myself, but there's a chance that if I do, I won't finish, especially given that I'm planning to do way more animation than they need for the competition. (The comp requires two, but for a set of animations that I can run in the game, I'd need more like... 6 or 7.) So... I'm thinking about roping in a friend to help with the additional ones. Not as cool as saying I did everything myself, but I'll still get enough done to enter the animation comp I think.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.90.5: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.90.5: array (
  0 => '2014-10-02 18:03:08',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.