Art Dump! [nudity]

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    ^ That got abandoned because of crunch and contract work.

But Easter weekend was productive!

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Wow , nice work, great anatomy studies, I have seen that guy on another forum, probly on zbc
    or cghub (R.I.P), warms my heart a bit now, knowing its local.

Thanks! Which guy? Because some of my studies this weekend were studies of photos and other peoples' sculpts.

The guy on the first page with the spear, didnt see there was a 2nd page until I posted the comment, as for your steampunk girl, also really well done , solid topology, did you use remesher or zphere topology?

Oh, the guy with the spear was using reference provided by Scott Eaton in his figure sculpting course. So you'd probably see that around quite lot, from students who took his course. :)

I used Max's retopo tools, but I wouldn't recommend them or anything. It's just personal preference and whatever you feel comfortable/efficient using. I wouldn't use an auto-mesher though, unless it gave predictable results. Doing it myself usually leads to needing less geometry and fewer problems later on. An example is ZRemesher, which sometimes gives spiralling topology. It's nice and even, which makes it good for sculpting, but because it spirals it makes it really difficult to select some loops/rings for doing UVs or weights for rigging. (i.e. in some cases, selecting a loop doesn't select a clean contour, but rather spirals all the way up and down a limb.) I hope that makes sense.

Cool sketches and studies. Don't skimp on those hands and faces!

Oh, I didnt realise it was Scott Eaton's model, my apologies, still my opinion stays the same : ), good work and topo
    I used the the older topology method in zbrush,as for the spiralling topology its strange for all the praise zremesher gets, I guess it's ok for static meshes then.Thanks

@Elyaradine - I always get so jealous when I see talent like this. Amazing stuff. Would love to see some of the doodles you do (while on the phone, in a boring lecture or busy with some other mundane task).

@Kidult: Thanks! :) I don't usually avoid hands and faces; I just don't really think they're important when I do thumbnails.

@watson: Yep! Any time!

@FanieG: Eh. While I'm not great, I think that any "talent" I've got comes from years of drawing, which grew partly from my parents telling me my drawings were beautiful when they looked like crap, which encouraged me to draw even more... :P

Lately, I've been pretty inspired by a friend who's joined us at work as a concept artist. I've also been taking a mentorship with Xia Taptara, who used to work at ArenaNet as a concept artist on the Guild Wars franchise. I've been doing lots and lots of studies, studying the work of a couple of master painters (particularly Frazetta and Sargent), to studying screenshots from movies and games.

TWO WEEKS' ART DUMP, ENGAGE!

Wow, just wow... I can see the Guild Wars influences coming through as well. Very impressive art. It's great that talents like you are involved in our local games industry :)

Haha! High praise there! Thank you!

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    I was kind of burnt out from work after the stupidly busy weekend I had last week, so I spent a lot less time on these, and a lot more time away from the computer. So they look much less impressive. XD But I think part of being professional is being able to work even when you don't want to, even when you're not "feeling it", so here's the result. >_<

Spent some time redoing the rushed ones. >_<

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited

Been drowning in another batch of contract work, so to feed my soul I've been doing a fan art thing for one of Legion Ink's challenges, which was to do a sketch of a woman from a fighting game. Some wip! Wanted to take a break from the sketchy, concept-art, speed-paint kind of stuff, and try and do the soft shading I see in a lot of Chinese, Korean and Russian game artists' work.

You see, you're going to have to be very careful here. Someone is going to throw large amounts of cash at you to do their game art or they might abduct you like in Steven King's "Misery" and force you to create awesome like this for free! Hey, there's an idea! :)

edited
    DON'T ABDUCT ME.

(Snuck another update in here.)

edited
    @Elyaradine The goon squad is on the way...

I took a week off because of an influx of "real" work, and then got in a few studies. Man, I really feel as if I'm levelling up. XD

amazing work man

LALALALALASCULPTINGISFUN.

This was done from the female demon hunter concept art from Diablo 3.

Screenshot of the wip for the demon hunter sculpt. Mostly cleanup, especially on the shoulders and the buckles, and just generally making things less lumpy. Next up, cleaning up the corset and refining the hood, depending on my mood. XD

A Blizzard tech artist who worked on Diablo 3 "liked" it on Facebook! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oooh Nice!

Seems I've wrapped up everything I need to do for V65, so to celebrate I got to sculpt more. :P

Took a break this week to try and understand light better. I know the physics and how light works, but actually applying the theoretical knowledge to a 2D image is trickier than I thought. I had a couple of artists I highly respect think that it was a 3D render earlier on, which I thought was a great achievement. XD

Also I lost my earphones recently, and I missed them for serving me well, so I scribbled something sentimental.

I thought it was a 3D render until I read the comment. Amazing.

I just want to say that your designs and sculpting are really good! I am amazed at what you have made.

Thanks! :D

More!

Some more paintings from a course I'm taking:

I want to go on that course... levelling up nicely man.

That painting of the girl is really flippin' spectacular. Well done dude!

(And the hair on your knitting monster, omg. What a pain that must have been. ;) )
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.90.4: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.90.4: array (
  0 => '2014-04-23 11:08:43',
  1 => '2014-10-02 12:24:29',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.