[FINISHED!] Looking for Cape Town 2D pixel artists / animators

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
edited in Jobs
Hi guys, I'm new here. My name is Mike Scott, a buddy pointed me in this direction. I'm a 2D animator and director and I'm about to make a 2 minute animated short in 8bit / 16bit pixel style. I'd like to say a whole lot about it but I'm under an NDA. Anyways, it's my idea, I think it rocks, it's pretty wacky and bizarre and it's been green lit by a nice International client. If you'd like to have a squizz at the kind of thing I'm making, I did a music video for Goldfish before in pixel style. That is here:

This project now is with talking characters and more of an 'animated show', and I'm really aiming to make a beautiful thing. I'm kind of picky with pixel work, for the Goldfish video I ended up hiring about 20 people from around the world from WayofthePixel and PixelJoint forums. However, I'm pretty amped about the possibility of finding some experienced South African pixel artists / animators. If you'd like to please send me links to samples of your work to kiffness@gmail.com, I've still got quite a bit of prep work to do before production begins (like cutting down the storyboard and animatic into 2 minutes). The idea I think is to start production in Sept or October. I'm from Plettenberg Bay but I think I may come to Cape Town later this year and set up studios (within other studios) in lovely and peaceful Tokai. Project likely to last around a month or two. Still to decide on budgets.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mike
www.mikescottanimation.com

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    That is such an awesome email address.

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Hey Mikdog! Welcome to MGSA! :D Hope you find the dawgs you looking for! :)

Ha ha. Thanks Elyaradine. Hey Tuism. Don't suppose you're the same Tu from SpringLeap?

Yep yep, the one and the same :) Moving in between disciplines here haha :)

Hi guys. Still have feelers out for any experienced pixel sprite artists / animators. Thanks.

Hi, just bumping this again. If you're based around Tokai Cape Town and can come into studio for 2/3/4 weeks, I'm interested in hearing from you please. Sure can get International pixel peeps but it'd be nice to source locally. Have found 2 great local pixel artists but they've currently got other work on the cooker. Thanks.

Man I wish I could put myself forward, first of all I'm in Joburg, second of all I've got a day job... Yeah, that's that for me... :(

He he. Well it may have been nice to have you on board in any event Steven.

I'm not specifically a pixel artist but I might be able to help if you're still looking.

also, mind if I signal boost this toward Legion Ink ?

Hi guys, thanks, have secured a team.

Finished result!

https://vimeo.com/106576633

Oh wow, so that's what this was for!

Congrats again on getting this pilot together, so keen to see this as a full series!

Excellent work, @mikdog !
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.832.1: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.832.1: array (
  0 => '2013-08-02 17:10:00',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 62.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/index.php line 35.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 66.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.