[WIP] Awesome Space Shooter

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
edited in Projects
Sweet! My first post!

Most of you guys don't know me...so.. my name is "Marc Uberstein", and biz name "Guinea Pixel"... that's about it :)

My latest game I'm working on is Awesome Space Shooter (A.S.S). I will be launching it for Mobile/Tablet Platforms - android and iOS.

Play the playable preview demo here : http://guinea-pixel.com/app/awesome-space-shooter/

Any comments and suggestions would be great! My main goal for the game is to make an action arcade style shooter game. So I still have to add arcade style VO's and awesome audio.

Screenshots :

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Ahh, it's awesome! I love these sorts of games :D

I admit it took me a few seconds to realize I had to use the mouse, instead of WASD, but then that's probably my fault since this is supposed to be a mobile game, and you say that clearly. Also, that super beam thing seems incredibly overpowered, with no real cost for using it - it doesn't drain coins, HP, didn't require an upgrade, or even have a recharge time.

All in all, great work! I'll definitely buy it when it hits the "shelves" :)

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    @guineapixel This is great, I like the special effects, the menus, the music and the fast paced action. I can see there's a lot of polish in already. Great job! I got that 'ol Slap Fight feeling... very cool :)

@wogan thank you so much! I made a note of your feedback regarding the the super beam... I will remove the "3 beams per stage" to "no limit" but costs 200-coins per beam. What do you think? A bit too much, or too low?

@konman awesome thanks man :) - it's gonna be epic once a lot of arcade style audio clips are in. I'm going to chat to @Mexicanopiumdog on Wednesday to help out with the audio, excited to see what we gonna come up with.

@wogan thank you so much! I made a note of your feedback regarding the the super beam... I will remove the "3 beams per stage" to "no limit" but costs 200-coins per beam. What do you think? A bit too much, or too low?
    That could work - or just have a very long recharge time, and then upgrades to shorten it. That beam should only really be a panic thing, and if you know it takes 60s (or whatever) to recharge, you'll be careful where you use it! IMO, anyway.

wogan said:
    That could work - or just have a very long recharge time, and then upgrades to shorten it. That beam should only really be a panic thing, and if you know it takes 60s (or whatever) to recharge, you'll be careful where you use it! IMO, anyway.
    Great idea - I will check what feels the best - the "recharge" time will probably be the better option, as a 200-coin reduction feels like a punishment.