Unity3D CharacterController bug

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
edited in Questions and Answers
I'm trying to add a character controller to an object but when I hit play the object is moved on the X-axis 1 unit and then rotated 10 degrees.

I ended up creating an entirely new project add a cube with a rigidbody and charactercontroller and the same thing happens?

Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Just to be clear. I setup my cube to position 0,3,0 and when I hit play it jumps to -0.8,2.9,0 and this is after I frozen the rotation on the X and Z axis.

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

edited
    Is it not just simply falling down and moving to that spot, since you place it 3 metres off the ground and I assume if you created the default cube, it is only 1 metre tall? It could also depend on the position of your collider.

I avoid unity's CharacterController like the plague because of unexpected behaviors and I simply like to be in complete control. I'd rather write my own controllers. Maybe think of doing the same?

@Pixel_Reaper. That's what I've done. I've switched to using a NavMeshAgent and foregoing any realistic movement :(

@Fengol yeah I'm not much of a fan of the Unity NavMesh features either... but hey if it is working for you then awesome :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2535.1: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2535.1: array (
  0 => '2014-10-24 14:44:26',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 62.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/index.php line 35.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 66.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.