rAge 2014

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    @Riocide we had 33k visitors to the show last year, and we're expecting at least a 10% increase this year. We also see a lot of media there, I think the count last year was a little over 300.

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Does anyone know how I could try get a Table Top game at Rage?

@Cheatsi no table-top games at the home_coded/MGSA stand, but maybe reach out to Outer Limits or some of the other board game retailers and see if they have any plans to have demos this year.

Does anyone know if Oculus related games/demos will be making a show at Rage this year?

@Geometrix thanks SHAPA :)

silvaring said:
    Does anyone know if Oculus related games/demos will be making a show at Rage this year?
    None from the MGSA stand to my knowledge I can speak for the whole show.

@Cheatsi: You can always commandeer a table in the food court and rock out :)

Thanks@Tbulford. I spoke to Cheryl at Rage and she wasn't aware of any people exhibiting the RIFT at Rage. Would there be any space for a RIFT at the MGSA stand?

silvaring said:
    Thanks@Tbulford. I spoke to Cheryl at Rage and she wasn't aware of any people exhibiting the RIFT at Rage. Would there be any space for a RIFT at the MGSA stand?
    There is no space currently.

Hahaha @dislekcia that was my plan A but i can announce that I got a table at rage now so its all good in the hood

Quick dev question. To what extent do the controls of the games need to be configurable? Is it acceptable if we change/add values in code? And then also, what exactly are the controllers that are going to be available?

Riocide said:
    Quick dev question. To what extent do the controls of the games need to be configurable? Is it acceptable if we change/add values in code? And then also, what exactly are the controllers that are going to be available?
    These are the controllers we have. If you need a load unit to configure for let me know. That having been said you really should consider adding configurable controls to your game.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?23803-Logic3-JP283-Controller

Right, attempting to book flights, etc. We're currently thinking Friday to Saturday morning. Is this a good time? Will everyone be there then, or are we better off on Sat-Sun, or Sun-Mon?

Myself and @francoisvn will be there throughout the event. Flying up Thursday morning and back down on Monday afternoon.

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    @ShadowBlade: Friday is generally quiet (barring students, exhibitors, and folks who took the day off work), picking up towards the afternoon as people get off work/school. If maximum crowd exposure and community interaction is your aim, Saturday's your golden day (especially for the after-show meetups that happen), Sunday's your silver.

Ok, cool. Shall see what I can get. Thanks chaps :)

So we're thinking of contacting some press before rAge. Does anyone have a presslist? Or should I contact the organisers directly?

Wow, it's pretty pricey just to visit rAge...

I think I'll just feel like a bug eyed hillbilly staggering uselessly around the crowded exhibition floor.

Hopefully we'll meet some of the other people in game dev. That's what I'm interested in, otherwise I don't know...

@DarkCarnivour Big stand with games and devs there with their games. Pretty sure you'll meet a couple or dozen or some multiple of ten devs there ;)

Will be dropping my rAge threads tomorrow, so hopefully that will help everything be a bit more organized ;)

So I've made a thread for devs, and minions, at rAge. If you are showing a game and attending please post there so I can organize tags for you guys to get in!

Great to see all the devs and games making it to the stand this year! EGMR (or eGamer) will be attending this year, I'll be there of course. If anyone is keen for an interview, etc for the site please don't hesitate to contact me, or alternatively we can organise something at the event. You can message me here and contact me at adam@egamer.co.za. I can't wait too see everyone's hard work!

Looking forward to it guys. :D

Day 1 down! Was a quiet and awesome dress rehearsal - thanks to everyone for making it a good day, tomorrow is going to be off the rails so get some rest! :)

BEAT BEAT BEATBEAT BEAT BEAT BEAT BEATBEAT BEAT BEAT BEAT BEATBEAT BEAT BEAT BEAT BEAT BEATBEAT :3

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    Gah. A friend gave me a lift to rAge today, and when I got home, I couldn't find my car keys. There's a chance I dropped them while taking off my jacket or something at the home.coded stand... if you see it, please let me know?

They're Toyota keys with a yellow Mario star hanging on them. Thanks!

[edit] Whew. @Tuism found them at rAge. :P

Thanks to all the guys who put so much effort into organising the event this year (@Karuji was a beast). It was awesome meeting all of the Johannesburg peeps, I hope I get the chance to hang out with you guys again soon, it was a blast!

edited
    'grats to everyone. The stand was pretty spiffy, and it was good to get some one-on-one feedback and discussion in on the games. I think all of them are looking great, and I hope you guys got enough solid feedback and interest to recharge the ol' motivation-batteries. :)

Also, more people need to annoy @Asbestos into getting Clutchfighter done. Best game-of-show-that-nobody's-heard-of, hands down. It NEEEDS to be released.

So anybody wanna fill me in? It sounded pretty awesome and I totally wish I could have been there...

Also thanks to everyone that helped organise. Organising things is a ton of hard work. And also thanks to whomever may have looked after Cadence. (especially @karuji)!

It's been 22 hours since rAge ended. I've been in a coma for 16 of those.

So firstly thanks everyone. We stand on the shoulders of giants and without MGSA nothing at rAge would have had an inkling of happening. So in being part of this community you have helped with our games being shown!

But I'm still going to throw a whole bunch of specific thanks out.

Firstly I think we need to change the lyrics to the Ghostbuster's theme. Since the answer tho who you gonna call is definitely Nick! I wouldn't want to begin to imagine how things would have ended up if we didn't constantly have him to rely on. So like everyone please give him a hug or a bear, his discretion which ;)

Travis spent quite a few months organizing the stand, and set the ground work, foundations, and building for what grew into our stand. So many thanks for having done all that. And sorry for mixing build and growing metaphors >.>

Minions! Minions are the best, like a million thanks to you guys who gave up your time to help out! Like I really can't thank you guys for that and all the help you gave during the show.

And last, but definitely not least, the devs. All of this was about showing off your games, but for me the best part was having you all there. It was really great to have Ruan (from Free Lives) Nolan and Logan (from Rune Storm) Michael (from Thoopid) and Leon and Francois (from Clockwork Acorn). But ultimately just everyone was just great and I'll try and make sure the Saturday meeting runs a bit smoother next year ;)

An extra special thanks to Francois and Leon for helping set up the computer and getting everything running on that front. I really would haven't managed without you guys. And thanks to Ruan for donating the speakers and amp he used for the Broforce stand to MGSA.

---

@TheFuntastic everyone helped and made sure Cadence got the love it deserved, I just somehow ended up doing it with journalists ;) I'm rather sad that we couldn't get the audio out running through both speakers and the headset though :<

P.S. In the event that MGSA adds titles for forum accounts I totally want "Gets shit done" or "Keeper of the Speakers" I currently have A LOT of speakers @.@

edited
    Hehe "Keeper of the Speakers", was wondering what happens to all those cheap speakers @Tuism and I managed to find at the last minute. At least we were able to get them working in a fairly audible manner :)

On the plus side MGSA now owns 10 speakers for future events. @Tuism you must DM me how much I owe you
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2370.3: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2370.3: array (
  0 => '2014-09-19 20:57:20',
  1 => '2014-10-13 16:12:08',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.