Make Games Indoor Soccer Team

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Alright folks, looks like we've got the necessary interest for this so I'll be facilitating the team roster on Lex's behalf, if you can please send me a private note with your name, contact number (we'll facilitate matches via the forum but good to have just in case), and what days suit you (pretty much Tuesday or Friday).

The season only starts end of this month and at least half the team will be at Amaze next week, so we'll rather look at having a practise session after that. We could do rent out one of the soccer courts to practise in but that'll cost moneez, so alternatively we can look at just gathering at a convenient field over a weekend. Once I've confirmed our team roster we'll work out a practise day that suits peeps.

TL:DR - Note me your details to get on the team roster ;)

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Thanks to those who've signed up to the roster so far, now the next steps would be to sort out a practise date! The first week of the tournament is apparently from the 29th Sept, so who would be keen to have a practise session on Sunday the 28th or 21st?

If we try to do an evening during the week we'd need to rent one of the Action Soccer pitches which can be quite expensive, so the recommendation is to rather just meet up at a convenient field on a Sunday morning, like the Keurboom Park fields

The practise should only be roughly an hour or two, to explain how the indoor soccer setup works and get a bit of training in to prepare you for the start of the season.

The words "practice" and "training" make this sound a bit more serious than it is :P

That said, I'm always keen for a kickabout. I often play pickup matches on Sundays anyway.

Hey guys, we should start thinking of arranging our first jam sometime...

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    Okay we're going with next Sunday for a soccer meet-up. Like Squidcor says it won't be anything hectic just a chance for the team to meet, get the low-down on how it works and kick a ball around for a bit.

We also quite urgently need some ideas for a team name so Lex and I can sign the team up for the tournament.

Practise date: Sunday 21st

Time: 09h00

Venue: Keurboom Park fields - let's meet in the parking lot at the top of Fairfield Road and find a spot from there.

Directions: Get onto Keurboom Road (via Campground rd or Milner rd) and then turn into Fairfield Road, the parking lot is at the top of the road to the right of the tennis courts.

What to bring: Water, and kit that you don't mind sweating in.
  • MCAMCA

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Team MGSA, MGSA United, The Winners?

lol @ The Winners
    How about Make Game of Thrones?

Thanks for the suggestions @MCA and @Mexicanopiumdog

Along with that we've got "Make Soccer South Africa" courtesy of @dammit and "GLHF" or "Crit Fail" from @dislekcia

Just in terms of branding ( :P ) I would suggest having Make Games in the team name.

Make Games & Crit Fail could work.

You could also give yourselves silly names if we ever get Tees. So, Instead of "Day" on the back of Danny's shirt, you could have "Crit Fail" :)

It could just be Make Games

I like MGSA personally.

Yeah, lets keep it simple. It should represent Make Games. Maybe there are some game developing soccer fanatics out there that haven't heard of the community and this is THE chance to raise attention in this field (pun intended :D)

So practice tomorrow 9am at Keurboom park at the parking lot (as told by Gibbo above)

Sorry for the last minute change guys but we'll get started at 9am rather, so if you do arrive a bit after that you can find us down on the fields, we should be a short walk from that parking lot

I know this might be a dumb thing to ask but is someone bringing a ball :3 ?

@Mexicanopiumdog: I will :)

We so lost :( whee were are you guys???

@Mexicanopiumdog where did you end up? We were in the field right next to the parking lot I'd linked to

We ran around the whole park...didn't find you okes ...siiiiiiigh

Sounds like you were at the park itself rather than the fields. Sorry dude

So I naively assumed this would be in the afternoon. My fault for not checking before today! (No worry, I did't actually go anywhere). Hopefully next time then...

Sorry I couldn't make today, have too much work I need to get through. See you at the meetup

Right, so our first game is coming up this Friday 3 Oct at 19h10!

We have 4 confirmed players so far, so need 2 or 3 more. Anyone who can come through on Friday?

Will be good to meet about 20 min earlier to have a bit of a warm up. This is part of a grading phase to help determine what division we'll ultimately be in.

I can join this Friday.

Awesome thanks, that puts us up to 5 out of 7.

Just to confirm the venue is Claremont Action Sports, in Stadium on Main accessible from the top floor of the parking garage attached to Stadium on Main.

I should be able to make it as well... Although I can't claim I'll be much use.

@dislekcia - great thanks, and really the important thing is to have enough folks there because then it's fun :)

I'm in as well.

Hi guys,

The next game they've set us up for is this Friday at 19h10 - however myself and Lex, and I imagine quite a few others, will be at rAge so we need to urgently know if there will still be enough people for a team or if we need to cancel this week's game?

Please advise if you can make it on Friday and if there are enough numbers we'll confirm with Action Soccer that MGSA can play

I don't know if I'll be finished with the SiMODiSA thing by then either... Count me as doubtful.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2368.2: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2368.2: array (
  0 => '2014-09-03 15:21:27',
  1 => '2014-10-07 13:25:52',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.