[Event] Cape Town City Hall Jam: 16th - 17th August

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
edited in Events
Hi Guys, so we will be jamming at the Cape Town City Hall on the weekend of the 16th and 17th of August. Theme will be revealed at the event. I'd like to start at 10am on the Saturday looking to finish at 5pm on the Sunday.

When: 10:00 Saturday 16 August - 17:00 Sunday 17 August
Where: Cape Town City Hall
Theme: Will be revealed at the event

If you're keen to come, please respond below, mail me or pm me.

Nick

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    OH MAN.

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    So in! So stoked!

What are the costs? And besides their own rigs; what do people need to bring?

What are the eating and sleeping/staying over-night options?

No costs,

We have access to food/restaurants nearby. We have 24 hour access to the city hall so sleeping can be done there, or not

I hope the theme is deliciously bureaucratic!

Yes, in.

Yay!

Im keen!

I'm in!

Definitely keen

im in..it sounds legit

Having never done a jam, could somebody please enlighten me, or at least point me in the direction of what exactly happens at one of these? Depending on that, I may be in. :-)

edited
    @AubreyKilian A game jam is a pretty informal excuse to make a game, in my opinion. Usually you have constraints like a set time limit, such as 48hrs and a theme (how you interpret the theme is up to you). Then the challenge is to make a game using anything tools you like (a game engine, paper, board game pieces, chalk etc.) by yourself or within a team.

Edit: Also if you have never made a game before, its a great time to start learning around experienced people. That's what I did!

edited
    I'll be jamming from home (have to house-sit), but keeping up with this thread as an excuse to hone my unity skills.

edit: no more house-sitting... I'm there

I'm busy with learning Unity, still early days, so I might be interested. :-)
    Now the negotiations with the woman start... ;-)

keen :)

So what's the head count for Saturday?

I would be very amped to help out on the sound side of things...I could bring my rig and just design some FX for you guys...Dont know if thats applicable though :S

I would be very amped to help out on the sound side of things...I could bring my rig and just design some FX for you guys...Dont know if thats applicable though :S
    Yes. Sound and art people are always great to have at jams.

@Mexicanopiumdog That sounds good! I was thinking of trying to jam an audio based game if you'd be interested to join me. Otherwise we will see how things go :)

What a fantastic idea! :D

So is anyone actually coming ? :/

I am! Hope others will be there

I can't make it, sorry guys. I'll reload this thread though, has the theme been announced yet?

I am here, so is @Squidcor

I will be coming too...just woke up :D

What room are you in? I can't find you guys :(

I'll be there tomorrow

has the theme been announced yet?
    The theme is to create a game where the current game session is somehow affected by the previous one.

So here's my City Hall Jam Game, it's a local-multiplayer racer where the path you choose defines the track for the next race.

Gamepad controls:

Left stick - Steer
    Triggers - Accelerate/brake

Keyboard controls:

WASD or arrows
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2303.1: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.2303.1: array (
  0 => '2014-08-07 11:00:26',
  1 => '2014-08-16 16:32:28',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 62.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/index.php line 35.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/views/discussion/discussion.php line 66.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.