Gibbo's Musical Creations

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Hmmm, I think I also played space quest 4. Though I only had a demo of the game, which I played over and over.
    After that I got hooked on quest for glory 4 and the remake of QFG 1 :)

Last year I bought them all on a Good Old Games sale, haven't had time to replay them but it makes me happy that they are there!

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    @Gibbo - Awesome - all of Sierra's quest games were great. Roger Wilco remains one of my favourite hero's of all time. Also enjoyed the original police quest titles. The top-down driving bits are something I loved (that's if you remembered to check all of the tyres before setting off). Such fond memories bought back by that tune. Thanks

@FanieG - I remember the top-down driving in Police Quest, at the time I thought it was amazing they could do that in an adventure game.

@creative630 - I see the Space & King's Quest series' are also on Steam, but there are also a lot of comments there that these don't work if you're running Windows 7 or 8, so it looks like Good Old Games is the place to get them.

Very nice! :D

QFG, KQ and SQ ... love and played every single one :D Point and click games are probably one of my all time favourite types of video games! Nice work!

As a fan of Celtic music, I used this track to practise expressiveness and blending solo instruments, while fulfilling the urge to do something Celtic. I've put some of my own interpretations, melodies & instrumentation into the piece but it's a cover of 'Iona' by Jeff & Mychael Danna:

*Iona (cover)

Here's a piece done for @Fengol's Maharaja prototype (if you haven't seen the thread it's OVER HERE):

*Maharaja Ambient (Theme)

More nostalgic remakes from the old adventure genres, please give it a listen via the Soundcloud link below!

*Discworld II Menu Theme (remake) - as both a fan of Terry Pratchett and of point-and-click adventures this game did my nut in as a kid. Must have done a full play through at least 4 or 5 times. In terms of the music my favourite theme was the short piece in the menu, so I've tried remaking and extending this.

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    @Gibbo

I love your song "Critical Space".

As a matter of fact. I am going to fire up Elite Dangerous Beta right now, turn off ALL the sound (space is silent), switch on this amazing track full volume on Sound Cloud... and boost my sidewinder ship out of the nearest Coriolis space station at 300 meters per second.

Godspeed!

@konman - awesome thanks for the feedback man, I'm also keen to get Elite Dangerous when it comes out :)

edited
    @Gibbo

There...I've made a short 40 second clip featuring your track. Hope you don't mind ;)

Absolutely brilliant @konman + @Gibbo combo. Can I have that with some fries??

@mexicanopiumdog

@konman - that is turbo-rad right there, dig the timing with the build-up and Earth reveal!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.1622.2: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.1622.2: array (
  0 => '2014-03-20 11:51:01',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.