Bro Force (prototype)

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    critic said:
    @BlackShipsFilltheSky

What did you have to do to get on Steam, I'm under the impression that it's nearly impossible with green-light around, unless you have a publisher?
    Greenlight is no obstacle for a bro

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    That explains it, nicely done.

Now this is something to broast about! Well done guys!

@Elyaradine you should have a little gift icon for the second key which humble will email to the person you want to gift the game to.

critic said:
    @BlackShipsFilltheSky

What did you have to do to get on Steam, I'm under the impression that it's nearly impossible with green-light around, unless you have a publisher?
    I'm not @BlackShipsFilltheSky, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the only SA developer to get a Steam contract independently without going through either Greenlight or a publisher. In 2011 I met someone from Valve at E3, where I was showing Desktop Dungeons as part of the IndieCade showcase, that led to a bunch of emails about where the game was going and what we wanted to do with it before Valve said "Yeah, we want this game, here's a bunch of contracts to look through".

Bottom line: Make a good game. Know why it's a good game. Make it a thing that you can sell and that WILL sell on Steam. Be able to tell people all of the previous things with style and brevity. Network your ass off. Go to international events, show your game at the biggest conferences in the world, beat Minecraft in international game design awards.

Greenlight is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier. Provided you make a good game.

What is this I see about a Flappy Pig?

Whoo. This is number one on my Steam wish list.

The Game Grumps play-through of Broforce is hilarious. Multiplayer clearly adds an extra layer of insanity.

@BlackShipsFilltheSky: FYI: you just had a pretty cool mention on tested.com (jump to 2:32:05)

Anyone heard of this game PieDiePie played yesterday?

Over 800K views already... Good timing too, just as Broforce drops off the main banner. You guys jumped out of the 30s into the 20s on the top seller list, hope it keeps moving up!

While we're at it, Jim Sterling's play through (thought he'd have a bigger audience than this though):

A duo of well known french youtubers also did a video on Broforce :D

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    My favourite Let's Play NerdCubed plays BroForce!

This may be the greatest game to ever grace the universe...
    ...It's very hard to make comments about this game considering that I just feel like I'm making it less awesome by talking...

I watched pewdiepie play it yesterday, it was cool to see someone playing it for the first time, not knowing anything about it, he really liked it .may the broforce be with you.

I found this in my rss reader today :) Scott Johnson does various comics on gaming culture, and he did one on Broforce. Win!
    MyExtraLife

another article on Kotaku, some spoilers though, as far as bros goes: http://kotaku.com/meet-the-action-movie-bros-of-broforce-1581695482

Bought the game on steam. Good work guys. Marketing was excellent. Gameplay is fun.

@Crocopede Thanks for the kind words!

We've released an update to Broforce:

I see that the Double Impact Update has gotten Broforce featured on the Steam front page again, epic!

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    Erm, I think it is okay now to remove "prototype" from the title? :) I saw this mentioned on my fav website... Blues News the other day. Great stuff guys...

@konman lol. I'd rather keep it "prototype" for nostalgia. I don't want to update the first post again either. In any case, if I remove the "prototype" label it won't be clear that the game started in this community.

@BlackShipsFilltheSky...weeeeell, you do have a splash screen...and there is this make games logo thing.... :P

thanks guys, just finished the campaign and much fun was had. The massive helicopter boss was a pretty cool boss, not particularly
    difficult, but was the most fun/had the most impressive death method of the lot imo.

thanks guys, just finished the campaign and much fun was had. The massive helicopter boss was a pretty cool boss, not particularly
    difficult, but was the most fun/had the most impressive death method of the lot imo.
    That's nice to hear, we were receiving complaints about that boss being far too hard but we made some adjustments in the latest version.

Congrats guys. BroForce on the Sony conference at e3

Wow

I just saw this video on GameTrailers! Wow well done!

edited
    The VFX guys from youtube playing Broforce on their new Gaming channel :)
    Might see a big bump in traffic all of a sudden!

JediN1nja said:
    I would wager that the 3 or 4 pewdiepie videos did much much much more than the VFX vid. I think their traffic is one big constant spike if you look at all of the coverage this game has gotten.

JediN1nja said:
    I would wager that the 3 or 4 pewdiepie videos did much much much more than the VFX vid. I think their traffic is one big constant spike if you look at all of the coverage this game has gotten.
    I didn't realise they got so much coverage, after I posted I scrolled up and saw! Wow! :D
    Super proud!

Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.118.38: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.118.38: array (
  0 => '2014-04-09 11:13:15',
  1 => '2014-06-13 08:59:04',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.