Bro Force (prototype)

Comments

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    The one vote I'm allowed is not enough >:(

• Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    Greenlight seem to like BroForce. And some of them are really brothusiastic!

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    2,179 Unique Visitors
    0% Calculated ratings so far
    127 Current Favorites

How many up votes do we need to get? I would have thought it would at least be 1% by now

[Edit]
    Ok, some perspective based on Towns (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92927895) which looks like Dwarf Fortress

179,761 Unique Visitors
    11% Calculated ratings so far
    7,519 Current Favorites

Greenlight ratings work on a relative basis. So it is how well rated you are compared to other games. On the other hand this is just what I have gathered from the interwebs not valve.

Awesome, so all we need to do if we've +1'd BroForce is to go through ALL of the other games and downvote them!

:P

ha.

Good plan....starting now! :P

I'm way ahead of you guys. I only have 200 games left to down vote.

Notice: Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset in /home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php on line 281
    edited
    Be careful with the blanket downvoting! Make sure upvote ZX as well (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92997105) (And Night Watch as well) :)

Otherwise I think that is a brilliant plan! :P

Yea! GO TEAM!

Congrats chaps! :)

WIP for the new art! Feedback welcome as always... :)

Woohoo! Awesomesauce! So glad I actually saw this game at Amaze, one of the coolest platformers EVER made... Or heck it's not even finished :)

OH WOW the new art looks great! At the end of the day good art still beats the popular pixel style :)

edited
    Looks awesome! But how does blood get inside the roof/ground? :O

On the left though, is it not a little difficult to distinguish where the ground stops and the shrubbery begins? There were the little step-ey place is...

Edit: Ye and I genuinely did not see the wooden walkway thing on the left until after posting this...

Overall, I like this a lot! It's super quirky, and lets you push things really far, which rocks!

The trees and veg look so, so good! ^_^ I also like that the background tile is very dark, and is much more obvious as a background tile. I see some of them look a bit like metal though. Are those blocks you'd interact with? (Like, indestructible or something? Because its values are really similar to the background one; could be confusing.)

I think the rocky tile (just below the grass/shrubs) doesn't look so good. It feels as if there are smaller rocks all around its border, so that the tiling looks more uncomfortable, kinda distorted, and exaggerates the tiling.

I think I'd look at exaggerating the highlights on the character, or give a brighter rim. I'm not sure, but it looks as if he'd blend into the darker pieces of background... unless the idea was that you'd only be able to see the highlights of his sunglasses lenses.

Well done, guys! :D

I don't have any feedback besides that this is looking sexy as f**k

I do think there should be a bit more distinction between stuff you walk on/interact with and the background/stuff you don't interact with. Even playing in the original I often mistook the dark stuff where stuff were blown off to be actual land, and when the action gets hectic, it gets hard to think between the two shades of brown.

I think the foreground and background needs more distinction from each other, either like lighter in front and darker in back or greens in front and blues in the back... Or something. More of a system so the eye can read it easier.

But seriously good, sexy work! :)

Dude, you guys made it onto fucking Kotaku..

http://kotaku.com/5940512/bros-are-blowin-st-up-in-broforce-and-it-looks-awesome

So much win.

This game has attained 1% of necessary positive ratings so far

Woohoo! :)

Now all you have to do is keep the content flowing! I vote for moar youtube stuff next, before you get ready to do the new art style reveal.

BROOOOOO!!! Watched the video! I got a hard on!! This is looking so professional and SUPER FUN! Voting up on Steam.

Ride that Browave! Congrats guys! :D

edited
    Tuism : Thanks guy! I do love pixel art, the main reason why we went with this new style is because its better suited to the teams talents and has way more potential for awesome animation without breaking our backs in silly 1000000 frame long sprite sheets.

D3zmodos: Blood was jst a test for how it could look ingame :P Also thanks Ill work more on getting the floor easier to destinguish from the foilage. I think we will push the trees and stuff back a bit, make them a bit blue (which should dissolve the confusion)

Elyaradine: Thanks man! Yea I started last night doing some rediculous alien boss that takes up half the screen :)! I assume you are talking about the vents? Im not sure whether they will be interactable or not, there will be broken states I guess. Good point about the Rocky parts. Ingame there will never be grass on rocks, only on sand. There will be vines on the rocks which will make more sense (haven't done that yet! :D). And as far as the character goes they aren't final yet so we will be working on those a bit in the future. But you are right their values could be pushed a bit more to make them easier to read.

raxter: w00000000t!

Tuism: Yea man that is one of the main things I'm worrying about while doing this. In the pixel art the background black for the buildings had the same sort of values as the dark sand block which created the confusion you are talking about, we are on that though :P Thanks btw :D

mikegeyser : KOOOTAKKUUUUUUUU! Winning!

Now all you have to do is keep the content flowing! I vote for moar youtube stuff next, before you get ready to do the new art style reveal.
    Totally! Maybe do a series of 'meet the bros' videos? As the new art style reveal happens? That could give you some kind of sustained visibility without seeming contrived and adding little value?

Either way, so awesome. Congratulations!

edited
    Meet the Bros is an AWESOME idea :)

That gave me a 5 minute brain-fart session :)

Brock Bronnis (hmmmm)
    Bropley (cos Ripley was TOTALLY a bro)
    Brolight (even if he's totally not a bro)
    Bronan (remember hearing this)
    Brozio
    Brorio (cos Mario Bros needs to enshrined)
    Brockley
    Bro Runner
    Ninja Brotles
    Biker Bros from Uranus
    Brokachu
    Batbro
    Solid Bro
    Liquid Bro
    Broden
    Brocelot
    Brodo Baggins
    Brobama (lol)
    Bro Lee
    Broruto?
    Brotamari
    Doraebro (if you know this I salute you)
    O' Broyan
    Captain Sparbro
    BROSTAR!

Amazing! Keep on keepin on guys!
    @bevis the original had quite amazing appeal, and now the new style is equally epic, loving the big heads :)

We were also super stoked about this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/05/steam-greenlight-15-ace-games-from-the-pc-gamer-collection/

I don't mean to tout our own horn, but this does bode really well for the development of BROFORCE.

edited
    Also: BROSTAR! Strength of the Bro, Eyes of the Bro, Ears of the Bro, Speed of the Bro!

(thanks Tuism! Those are great suggestions)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Debug Trace

Info Need to re-index theme cache
Info Need to re-index plugin cache
Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.118.2: false
Info CommentModel->CachePageWhere()
Info
Comment.Page.30.118.2: array (
  0 => '2012-09-04 08:48:58',
  1 => '2012-09-06 13:07:29',
)
Notice Undefined variable: GuestHourOffset
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 281.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/class.format.php line 465.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 712.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php line 19.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/library/core/functions.render.php line 338.
/home/nitrogen/public_html_mgsatest/forums/themes/mgsa/class.mgsathemehooks.php line 715.